From: fRoots [ads_at_frootsmag_dot_com]
Sent: 02 February 2011 11:38
Subject: fRoots magazine big April festival issue A
THE APRIL 2011 fROOTS
Issue 334 of the market leading roots, world music & folk magazine!
Winners of the 2010 Womex Award for Professional Excellence
The giant annual FESTIVAL ISSUE!
COPY DATE ALERT: Tuesday 15th February
* Our April issue always carries our extensively researched diary listing of hundreds of roots, folk and world music festivals taking place across the UK and mainland Europe, plus a huge festival advertising supplement. The resulting demand means that it has an expanded print run and is kept, bought and referred to throughout the whole year (including by many other media people). It's our biggest issue each year - both physically and sales-wise.
* On the cover, award winning festival favourite live band the Demon Barbers, whose Laura Connolly was recently centre of the acclaimed BBC4 TV documentary on the North East clog dance tradition.
* All advertisers benefit from the popularity of this issue. If you're a festival promoter then as well as your free diary listing the supplement also gives you a chance to advertise artist bills, attractions, facilities etc in much more graphic detail at the very time of year when audiences are making their plans. In the crowded modern festival calendar, you can't afford to be missing impact in the leading source of information.
* NEW FOR 2011: For many years, fRoots has also published and updated the listing diary on its web site. From this year, fRoots will be collaborating with Spiral Earth, who have also been carrying a folk festival directory in collaboration with the AFO (Association Of Festival Organisers) in recent years. Together, we will jointly be producing the definitive online UK and European folk, roots and world music festivals listing site, accessible from the existing URLs on all three sites, and widely promoted. If you advertise in the fRoots Festival issue, you'll get a discounted rate on advertising on the Spiral Earth site.
* COPY DATE: Tuesday 15th February!
* To book space, email: ads_at_frootsmag_dot_com or call (+44) (0)20 8340 9651.
* Publication date: 24th March. Reaches UK subscribers from around 19th March.
* For rates, technical specs and fRoots stats see: http://www.frootsmag.com/content/ads/ads-info/
THE DIGITAL EDITION & THE STUDENT AUDIENCE
* All adverts that appear in the print edition of fRoots are carried in identical form in the digital edition at no extra cost, including working web links on all adverts of 1/4 page size and above.
* We've made fRoots even more attractive to the huge new young audience for folk, roots & world music with a greatly discounted student subscription deal - 75% off the normal digital rate (and 35% off the paper version)!
FREE NEWS LISTINGS
* We list information on April events in the news section of this issue.
* Deadline: Tuesday 22nd February latest.
* Send your full press release to news_at_frootsmag_dot_com
* Send hi-res colour JPEGs of artists to copy_at_frootsmag_dot_com
(If you'd like to be removed from future emailings, please reply with REMOVE in the email body - leave the subject line intact to help us correctly identify the list source.)
Jennings, Advertising Manager
Local Music From Out There . . .
The first and foremost folk, roots & world music monthly
magazine celebrates its 32nd anniversary in June 2011.
Womex Award 2010 for Professional Excellence
P please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?