From: English Folk Dance and Song Society <efdss_at_efdss_dot_pmailuk_dot_com>Date: 19 April 2010 15:11:22 BDTSubject: Folk Rising at Cecil Sharp House
Sent by: English Folk Dance and Song Society
Reply to the sender
For Immediate Release Monday 19 April Folk Rising at Cecil Sharp House
Thursday 13 May, Thursday 10 June, Thursday 8 July
This three-part studio concert series presents a sample of the freshest, undiscovered and at times radical music being produced within the indefinable folk tradition. With the burgeoning profile that folk music has achieved in recent years never has there been a showcase opportunity for the periphery music-makers approaching folk from the 'outside' as well as those from 'within'. Under the banner of 'New Folk, Old Folk, No Folk' this will be a roulette of a musical experience charting the daring and the dangerous, the wonderful and the weird but above all suggesting how the future of folk will sound.
Artists featured include:
- Solarference http://www.solarference.com/
- Emily Barker http://www.myspace.com/emilybarker
- Chris Sarjeant & Benedict Taylor http://www.myspace.com/chris.sarjeant
- Steve Elston http://www.myspace.com/steveelston
- Firefly http://www.myspace.com/fireflyburning
- You Are Wolf http://www.myspace.com/youarewolf
- Matthew Ord http://www.myspace.com/mattheword
- Elle Osborne http://www.myspace.com/elleosborne
- Laish http://www.myspace.com/laishmusic
- Tyde Folk http://www.myspace.com/tydefolk
- 4Square http://www.myspace.com/4squaremusic
- Dan Walsh & Will Pound http://www.myspace.com/willpoundanddanwalsh
Presented by EFDSS, Folklahoma! and The Magpie's Nest, winner of the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Folk Club of the Year 2010.
For more information on this event or to book tickets, please visit the EFDSS website at www.efdss.org
-- ENDS --
For further information please contact Jo Breeze, Marketing Manager at EFDSS on 020 7485 2206 ext. 38 or jo_at_efdss_dot_org.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- For nearly a century the English Folk Dance and Song Society have been preserving and disseminating our folk heritage. The Society aims to promote the best of folk arts through a range of mediums including dance, music, song, film, exhibitions, publications and our library collections; engage new generations with the folk arts through workshops, classes and study, and to ensure that the folk arts are a fundamental part of the cultural life of the UK. The EFDSS is a charity registered in England and Wales, No. 305999
- The Magpie's Nest is a London-based folk music co-operative promoting concerts, festival stages, showcases, events and regular club nights. Under the banner of 'New Folk, Old Folk, No Folk' The Nest has become the place to see and hear the eclectic spectrum of folk and traditional music happening today, and is the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Folk Club of the Year 2010.
This e-mail was sent from English Folk Dance and Song Society
Immediate removal with PatronMail®
To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use this link. To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use this link.